March-ing, MARCH-ing - the month of March, see what I did there? Play on words - cool, huh.
Have been busy all week making my Mother's Day gift and watching season 5 of House. Not necessarily in that order. Think this series of House is the best I have seen, but that could have something to do with the fact that this is the first series that I have watched completely sober. Not drinking alcohol has been far, far easier than anticipated, and now 2 weeks have passed, I am both delighted and relieved to report that clearly, drinking alcohol is, for me, a habit and not an addiction. I will not have any wine until April, and now know that I am in control of what I drink. Feel like this is the year I am conquering my demons, and it is feeling goooooood.
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
March-ing onwards
Got these babies in the post Saturday morning:
Glad to report that Roger the pigeon has improved tremendously and now looks like a real pigeon instead of a sorry lump of stubby feathers. He can feed and water himself now, so that is one less crappy job for me, but I still have to do pigeon poop patrol after the morning wing stretch and walk around, and my living room carpet now boasts an interesting pattern of clean light beige spots surrounded by the rest of the normal mid-beige.
Managed to get a perfect box to house my MD gift:
I only had to cover the 'L'Occitane' writing on the sides, et - voila. I made 10 blank greetings cards for her to give to other people and some first class stamps. I know it seems a bit of a weird pressie, but thought she would like to have cards and stamps available on demand....
Here are the cards we gave to our Mothers:
My maths book has arrived, and I am disturbed to note that I already have a few sums I cannot solve even with the answers. Sometimes I just look at it, and I just don't get it. I could ask Mark, but then he is pissed with me and has been for an entire week now, so he is not Mr Approachable at the moment. What have I done to upset him this time? Hmmmm, who knows. Answers on a postcard please. Think it is one of those straw which broke the camel's back jobs, so this could relate to several years of fairly innocuous crimes and I may have snarled at him just once too often last week. C'est la vie. Will even out soon and then I can start a whole new batch of heinous crimes which I will no doubt pay for in 2018 or thereabouts.
Finally, I thank my lucky stars that I did a spellcheck before posting this, as I had written 'a lot' as 'alot' again, and this would have sparked a barrage of abuse and a long lecture on grammar from my old school buddy, the formidable Miss V......
Labels:
layouts and projects,
life's rich tapestry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Janice. Umm... very brave taking on any maths! Not something I would do! Jill x
Wow - you have certainly been busy... I spotted Tilly on a cup cake in there and the card looks fab... thank you so much for sharing your work with Digital Doodling xx
Hey Janice, well done on the booze. I too have not drunk for a few weeks now, though I have sneaked the odd alcohol-free beer. Love the cards, and you're very kind taking a pooey pigeon in. He wouldn't be ****ing on my carpet, I can tell you.
Gorgeous mum's day gift! I NEED those shoes. Where'd you get them???
Post a Comment