Wednesday, 24 March 2010

I love Royal Mail (and ebay)

More postal delights today:


These Thickers cost me £6.68 including P&P - that's a bargain in anyone's book. If that book is a scrapbook that is. If not, you are probably thinking AND......???? or something suchlike.

Dipping in and out of challenges - here is a sketch challenge from Pickleberry Papercrafts:



Although not a big sketch fan, I quite liked this one. This is my interpretation:




We have decided to let Poppy have one litter of kittens, and now this ginger Big Balls Billy is hanging around trying to play hide the sausage with her.
Handsome devil huh?
In other news, Mark has lost heart with the pigeons and has made noises about giving it up. Great. He has thrown himself into this hobby, heart and soul for 6 months and I feel pretty depressed that his enthusiasm has dimmed so quickly with this. His mate Tom has given up, and it is Tom who first fired up Mark's enthusaism for it. Tom has split from his partner over the last couple of months too and seems to be veering off the rails with drink, drugs and women. Mark has found this depressing too, and coupled with Tabba the evil bird killer getting a few pigeons lately, including chloe and a couple of Mark's favourites, he is disillusioned. I also worry about Roger's future then....I have hand-reared this bloody bird and nursed him back to full health, and now I don't know where he will go.....

And just because....

I like this pic of Oliver. Taken recently on a little walk out to the park - it is probably over-lit, or whatever people who actually know about photography would say, but I don't care. It is sunny, and smiley and he makes me happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice. What a bargain you got on your thickers! Love the LO by the way. Great photo opportunities if you let Poppy have kittens! Jill x

Unknown said...

I actually think it looks very arty farty. The photo. I love washed out photos like that. The LO looks good too! :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely delivery from Royal Mail and a great bargain. Love the LO.

Pity about the pigeons and Marks friend.

Are you going to Exeter on Saturday - if so I'll bring your cardstock - hope to see you there.

Kate said...

Wonderful Layout Janice, love the stitch details. Thanks for taking part :)